Grants available for church roof repairs
We aren’t talking about envelopes this time, but thought the news below about new grant funding for urgent church roof repairs justified a special message despite it being Christmas week.
We realise you might already be aware of this, but even if only one or two churches learn and benefit as a result of receiving this, we’ll be pleased to have done some good.
This comes with best wishes from all at Envelope Systems for a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Act now for rare grant opportunity
Grants of up to £100,000 are available for churches needing urgent roof repairs following the launch of a £15 million Government-backed fund.
Churches need to apply quickly though – the closing date for applications is noon on 30 January 2015.
The ‘Listed Place of Worship Roof Repair Fund’ was announced by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, in his autumn statement earlier in December.
The scheme has been created to help keep the UK’s listed places of worship weathertight, safe and open for use.
Grants range between £10,000 and £100,000 to meet the cost of urgent repairs to roofs and rainwater disposal systems.
- The building must be listed and used solely or mainly as a place of worship
- Your organisation must be responsible for maintaining the place of worship
- The project must be for the repairs to the roof and/or rainwater disposal systems
- The repair work must have been identified in a recent professional report as being necessary within the next five years.
- Your organisation must NOT have received a previous repair grant from English Heritage, Historic Scotland, Cadw, the Northern Ireland Environment Agency, the Heritage Lottery Fund and/or other Lottery distributor that is still in delivery.
Eligible works include repairs to coverings, timbers, ceilings and vaults are eligible in the case of roofs and gutters. Rainwater goods include valleys, hoppers, downpipes, gullies, drains and soakaways.
The scheme is being administered by the National Heritage Memorial Fund on behalf of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport. A website has been set up for dealing with fund applications, accessible from this link: www.lpowroof.org.uk
published on 22 November 2014
go to Envelope Systems News